For Xavier Rudd, writing music and living his life are one and the same. “I’m literally just singing about the things that are going on around me,” he says of his sublime and soaring indie-folk. Environmental work, activism, veganism, spiritualism, surfing, family camping trips in the bush and dog walks on the beach; everything Rudd does, he pours into song. The result is a personal sound that strikes a universal note.
Hailing from Australia’s surf hotspot Torquay, Rudd kickstarted his career in 2002 with the now classic album To Let, before going on to release seven studio LPs over the next thirteen years: Solace (2004), Food In The Belly (2005), White Moth (2007), Dark Shades Of Blue(2008), Koonyum Sun (2010), Spirit Bird (2012), and his first album with The United Nations, Nanna (2015).
Recent years have seen Rudd use his platform to share the benefits of mindfulness, while he is also a committed vegan and has worked with US animal rights charity Peta on more than one occasion, earning the accolade of Australia's Sexiest Vegetarian.
All of this aside, ultimately it’s about connecting with his fans. “It’s a huge compliment for me when there are people in other countries, in other languages, singing my lyrics and singing my songs,” says Rudd. And With a massive intercontinental tour lined up for this year - his biggest one to date - Rudd will bring Storm Boy to life on the stage, captivating a whole new legion of fans along the way.
Now Xavier returns to SummerSalt with friends YOTHU YINDI and the TREATY PROJECT, SAMPA THE GREAT, and TAY OSKEE.
Saturday 16 March 2019
Leura Park Estate
1400 Portarlington Road, Curlewis VIC
Just 15 minutes from Geelong
• Express entry
• Access to exclusive SummerSalt Lounge
• Private bar (cash and eftpos facilities available)
• Private bathrooms
• Limited occasional seating
• SummerSalt Lounge is positioned away from the stage and full view of the stage is not always guarantee
• Access to the General Admission area – so you can bask in the SummerSalt experience with everybody else
General Admission (18 years+)
$59.00 plus fees
- Child aged 2 to 17
- Must still be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent.
- Children's tickets are for the General Admission area only.
- Child under 2 - free with parent.
- Children are allowed into the SummerSalt Lounge with a parent that holds a SummerSalt Lounge ticket.
Click here to buy tickets via ticketmaster