“Fair is foul and foul is fair”Act I, Sc 1
Murder, madness and mayhem rule
Celebrating the 18thyear of Shakespeare in the vines
One of world’s most loved and classic tragedies will enthrall all as Leura Park Estate together with Essential Theatre present two performances of Shakespeare’s Macbeth- Friday 14thand Saturday 15thFebruary 2020.
Gates open at 5pm with the performance commencing at 7pm on both nights. Tickets are available only via Geelong Arts Centre and cost $45.
Macbeth is undoubtedly one of Shakespeare’s most powerful and popular works, a classic tale of power, superstition and madness. Tempted by the prophecies of three mysterious witches and encouraged by his power hungry wife, Macbeth’s ambition to be King of Scotland leads him into a nightmarish world of evil, deceit, and murder. Shakespeare’s rousing tragedy if filled with ferocious battles, supernatural horrors, stunning language and some of the Bard’s most vivid characters.
In a time where people are hooked on Game of Thrones and Black Mirror - where political ambition drives decisions at any cost, Essential Theatre takes it back to where it all began.
As the sun sets, the dark night approaches and the witches come out to play let yourself be taken on this tremendous journey.
Leura Park Estate has hosted sell-out Shakespeare in the Vines events every year since 2011 and is delighted to present such a fabulous concept over two nights.
This year Leura Park will again be staging the performance within the barrel shed and winery enclave which ensures weather protection for patrons whilst featuring a terrific working winery ambience amidst a backdrop of majestic cypress trees and undulating paddocks. There will be a range of onsite food options on the nights to suit all budgets and tastes. Wine, beer and cider will also be available for purchase before and after the performance.
Post-performance, there will be live music until late on both nights where guests get to meet and mingle with the cast.
Essential theatre has been entertaining Australian crowds with the wonderful words of Shakespeare for the past 17 years. They are excited to celebrate their 18thyear in 2020 with this much loved production, offering audiences a raw, edgy and entertaining interpretation of this engaging script.
Alex Aldrich - Lady Macbeth
Jason Cavanagh - Duncan/McDuff
Brianagh Curran - Witch
Sharon Davis - Witch
Briony Farrell - Witch
Owen Little - Macbeth
Christian Taylor - Banquo/Ross
Matthew Whitty - Malcolm
Tickets are selling fast and only available via Geelong Arts Centre –1300 251 200, 50 Little Malop Street, Geelong or https://geelongartscentre.org.au/whats-on/all-events/macbeth/
Leura Park Estate is located at 1400 Portarlington Road, Curlewis. www.leuraparkestate.com.au
Friday 14th February 2020
Saturday 15th February 2020
Single Price $45
2 x 55 minutes acts
ABOUR ESSENTIAL THEATRE:
Essential Theatre Artistic Directors Amanda La Bonte and Sophie Lampel are very proud to be celebrating their 18thyear of Shakespeare in the Vines, a unique tour of Shakespeare's classics to some of Australia's most spectacular wineries and gardens. This program has grown from strength to strength since 2003, ensuring the longevity of an ambitious and entrepreneurial Victorian theatre company.These passionate theatre makers re-interpret the classic texts for modern audiences delivering vibrant and engaging productions.
Director, Alister Smith (Multi-Green Room nominated Theatre Director and a graduate from the Victorian College of the Arts) is delighted to be making his debut with Essential Theatre for this exciting production. He will be joined by the talented Chloe Greaves as costume designer, who will be returning to the company for her third production.
“high energy, tight ensemble, dynamic. . .don’t miss this”
***** 5 Stars, Richard Flynn, Adelaide Theatre Guide
“What a treat; a delightful and fast paced production.”
Stage Whispers, 2018
Terms and Conditions of Entry Leura Park Estate and Essential Theatre’s presentation of Shakespeare’s Macbeth
Dates Friday 14thand Saturday 15thFebruary 2020
By purchasing tickets, patrons accept and agree to the following terms and conditions;
1. Only the valid ticket holder will be permitted admission to the show. All adults and children entering the venue must hold a ticket.
2. Persons under 18 must e accompanied by a ticket holding parent or legal guardian at all times
3. Strictly no BYO alcohol beverage is to be brought on this site. This will be enforced by security at the entry gates.
4. A wide selection of food and beverage can be purchased on site. Food and beverage will be available from 5.00pm. Strictly no BYO food is to be brought on site
5. Shakespeare in the Vines is staged undercover and is a rain or shine event. If it rains the show will go on. The show will only be cancelled if conditions are deemed as dangerous. Updates will be made on the Leura Park Estate website.
6. If the event is cancelled, Leura Park Estate will not be liable for any expenses, costs, loss or damage. Whether direct or consequential that may be incurred as a result of cancelled accommodation, transfers, hire charges or by any other circumstances or matters.
7. Shakespeare in the vines seating comprises of both chairs and hay bales. It is recommended patrons bring a picnic rug or blanket to sit on, if they feel hay bale may irritate them in any way. Space is limited so please keep others in mind when securing your spot.
8. No on-selling of tickets is permitted. Tickets are non refundable.
9. All patrons entering will be subject to bag searches.
10. Persons are prohibited from entering with the following items ▪ Alcohol
▪ Umbrellas, tables, chairs and tents
▪ Animals (except for authorised guide dogs/companion dogs)
▪ Any other object that the promoter considers inappropriate.
11. Persons may be refused entry for the following; ▪ Any person deemed to be intoxicated and /or disorderly or who does not comply with a request to conduct a bag search or does not comply with a request form the organiser, security or regularity.