Celebrating the 19thyear of Shakespeare in the Vines
A Romantic setting. . .two fateful nights
“For never was a story of more woe, than this of Juliet and her Romeo”
Leura Park Estate and Essential Theatre have never been more proud to present the annual Shakespeare in the Vines with Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet”to be hosted on Friday, February12 and Saturday, February 13, 2021. Gates open at 5pm with the performance commencing at 7pm on both nights. Tickets are only available via Geelong Arts Centre website and cost $50.
After a year of uncertainty and challenges, it is more than fitting to celebrate together with one of the greatest love stories of all times. Under the setting sun, Essential Theatre will transform the stunning Leura Park Estate vineyard into the feuding streets of Verona. You are invited to join this timeless tale and be whisked away by the innocent love of these star crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet.
Leura Park Estate has hosted sell out Shakespeare in the Vines events since 2011 and is delighted to be able to host this dynamic event in 2021. Strict Covid-safe procedures will be adhered to including patron QR code registration, a reduced patron capacity from other years and sanitization stations.
The 2021 performance will again be staged within the Leura Park Estate Barrel Shed and winery enclave which ensures weather protection for patrons whilst featuring a terrific working winery ambience. There will be a range of onsite food options on the nights to suit all budgets and tastes. Wine, beer and cider will also be available for purchase before and after the performance.
Post-performance, guests get to meet and mingle with the cast.
This performance of “Romeo and Juliet” will be Essential Theatre’s 19th tour of Shakespeare in the Vines. Over the years the company has grown from strength to strength becoming one of Australia’s most exciting and formidable independent companies. Experience has taught them how to juggle inclement and unpredictable weather, noisy cockatoos, stray dogs and most importantly how to celebrate the brilliant words of William Shakespeare.
The company are commended each year on their professional and intelligent approach to the classics.
“A night spent in the company of these players is a wonderful experience.”
“A fabulous performance. Watching the sun set and sipping wine - it was the perfect summer's evening, thank you”
Shakespeare in the Vines is a successful, much loved event that has become a staple in many calendars across our country.
Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet” is a love story for the ages. The Capulet and Montague households have been embroiled in a bloody fight for as long as anyone in Verona, Italy can remember. The death toll is mounting, and it seems that the best thing anyone can do is keep the two sides as far from each other as possible. But when young Romeo Montague crashes the Capulet ball, he falls head-over-heels in love with young Juliet Capulet – and she falls just as in love with him. What ensues is one of the most romantic and devastating love stories in the theatrical canon.
You are invited to sit back, breathe in the fresh air, indulge in the local produce and swoon with us as we celebrate life and love post 2020!
Tickets have sold out for both events.
Leura Park Estate is located at 1400 Portarlington Road, Curlewis.
By purchasing tickets, patrons accept and agree to the following terms and conditions;
- Only the valid ticket holder will be permitted admission to the show. All adults and children entering the venue must hold a ticket.
- Persons under 18 must e accompanied by a ticket holding parent or legal guardian at all times
- Strictly no BYO alcohol beverage is to be brought on this site. This will be enforced by security at the entry gates.
- A wide selection of food and beverage can be purchased on site. Food and beverage will be available from 5.00pm. Strictly no BYO food is to be brought on site
- Shakespeare in the Vines is staged undercover and is a rain or shine event. If it rains the show will go on. The show will only be cancelled if conditions are deemed as dangerous. Updates will be made on the Leura Park Estate website.
- If the event is cancelled, Leura Park Estate will not be liable for any expenses, costs, loss or damage. Whether direct or consequential that may be incurred as a result of cancelled accommodation, transfers, hire charges or by any other circumstances or matters.
- Shakespeare in the vines seating comprises of both chairs and hay bales. It is recommended patrons bring a picnic rug or blanket to sit on, if they feel hay bale may irritate them in any way. Space is limited so please keep others in mind when securing your spot.
- No on-selling of tickets is permitted. Tickets are non refundable.
- All patrons entering will be subject to bag searches.
- Persons are prohibited from entering with the following items
- Umbrellas, tables, chairs and tents
- Animals (except for authorised guide dogs/companion dogs)
- Any other object that the promoter considers inappropriate.
- Persons may be refused entry for the following;
- Any person deemed to be intoxicated and /or disorderly or who does not comply with a request to conduct a bag search or does not comply with a request form the organiser, security or regularity.